Full Time English/Language Arts Teacher
Upper School (Middle School/High School)
The Arch Bridge School at Wellspring has an immediate opening for a certified teacher for our state approved, and NEASC accredited special education school. We are seeking to identify and hire a teacher now for the remainder of the 2016-2017 academic year who will be available to continue in the position for the following year. We are looking for: English/Language Arts teacher to teach middle school and high school subjects.
- Connecticut Certification, English 7-12 (015)
- Experience with learning disabilities, special education and/or therapeutic school environment (helpful).
We are seeking a candidate with:
- a strong commitment to teaching,
- the ability to work individually, and as part of a very talented team,
- and an interest in developing new skills while enhancing existing ones, working with students struggling with educational and emotional issues.
Our student population is typically 60% residential students, 40% day students and 85% girls.
The Arch Bridge School offers core academics and college preparatory courses, allowing students to meet their unique academic objectives while in Residential Treatment or as students attending our Therapeutic Day School.
Our most successful teachers have an experiential approach to learning and thrive when able to teach in a nurturing environment. We offer an opportunity to teach in small, well-supported classroom settings, allowing our teachers the chance to provide a relational classroom where each student is known as an individual. Our teachers are truly able to make a difference in their students’ lives.