On May 5th & 6th, Wellspring is participating in Connecticut Community Foundation’s 3rd annual Give Local online giving event to help us fill our new building – during this online fundraising challenge Wellspring is eligible to win cash prizes to boost our fundraising efforts! Many of our supporters have asked us if there is an optimal time to make their donation. We thought that providing a list of the prizes Wellspring is eligible to win might help you build YOUR giving strategy!
Build YOUR giving strategy and Super-Charge your Donation!
Here’s the list of prizes Wellspring is eligible to win!
Tuesday, May 5:
- 7am – 10am $1000 awarded to the organization raising the most money between 7-10 a.m. on May 5th
- 7am – 10am $750 awarded to the Litchfield County organization with the most unique donors between 7-10 am on May 5th
- 11am – Noon $1,000 awarded to the organization with the most unique donors between 11 am – 12 pm on May 5th
- Early Bird! $1,000 awarded to the first Health organization to receive a single donation of $1,000 or more
- Before Midnight $1,000 awarded to the organization that raises the most money prior to Midnight on May 5th
- 7pm – 9pm $1,000 awarded to the Health organization with the most unique donors between 7-9 pm on May 5th
Wednesday, May 6:
- After Midnight $200 awarded to the first organization to receive a donation after midnight on May 6th
- 5:49am Sunrise Prize $500 awarded to the organization that receives a donation closest to sunrise (5:49 am)
- 7am – 10am $1000 awarded to the organization that raises the most money between 7-10 a.m. on May 6th
- 11am – 1pm $1,000 awarded to the Health organization that raises the most money between 11 am – 1 pm on May 6th
- 1pm – 3pm $250 awarded randomly to an organization based in Litchfield County that receives a donation between 1-3 pm on May 6th
- 2pm – 4pm $500 awarded randomly to a Health organization with a budget over $250,000 that receives a donation between 2-4 pm on May 6th
- 3pm – 5pm $1000 awarded to the organization with the most unique donors between 3-5 p.m. on May 6th
- 3pm – 5pm $1000 awarded to the Litchfield County organization that raises the most money between 3-5 pm on May 6th
- 5pm – 7pm $1,000 awarded to the Health organization that raises the most money between 5-7 pm on May 6th
Here’s How You Can Help:
- Go to www.wellspring.org/givelocal anytime between 7am on Tuesday, May 5th and 7pm on Wednesday, May 6th and use your credit or debit card to make a gift of $10 or more (sorry, their minimum not ours).
- Share this email with friends and family.
- Become a fan on facebook at www.facebook.com/wellspring.
All donations made through Wellspring’s Give Local Web Portal between 7:00 am on Tuesday, May 5th and 7:00 pm on Wednesday, May 6th will be AMPLIFIED by the Connecticut Community Foundation!
Wellspring’s participation in previous Give Local campaigns meant that every dollar donated to Wellspring was amplified by about 20% – so if you gave a dollar to Wellspring, it was worth $1.23 when it arrived!
Thank you for all of your help and support!
A Journey to Discovering Your True Self Begins Again February 24
Wellspring Counseling Services in Middlebury is gearing up for another series of group workshops designed for women to explore their creativity while cultivating self awareness and developing their inner spirit. Renee Alberino, LMFT will lead the discussion group, A Journey to Discovering Your True Self, held over a 13-week period. The group will work from the book The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, exploring a different theme each week. The series encourages personal growth, empowerment and confidence among participants.
Renee Alberino is a licensed marriage and family therapist, who works with groups, individuals, couples and families. She sees clients in Wellspring Counseling Service’s Middlebury office and is a certified Gestalt therapist. Renee has also taught psychology at the college level.
This series is offered again on the heels of the first round held this past winter which was so successful that feedback was to extend the meeting time and add an additional session to allow more time to explore and absorb the course. Other feedback from participants included:
“I can’t remember the last time I felt so hopeful.”
“My creative imaginings are coming out of the darkness and into the light.”
“Sometimes in life, a door appears… Through this workshop I have found that I am not alone in keeping dreams dormant, and that with like minds a shift to bring them into being can occur.”
The 2015 Workshop Series (13 Weeks) begins February 24 and takes place in Middlebury, Connecticut at 850 Straits Turnpike, Suite 201. Participants must pre-register and reservations will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis. The group will meet at 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. Space is limited to 10 participants. The cost will be $300 for the 13-week series, which includes a copy of the book and refreshments. Call us at 203-758-2296 to register for this group.
Starting the new year off in a joyous and appreciative way, employees of Wellspring in Bethlehem gathered on January 14 to celebrate fellow colleagues who reached service milestones in 2014. Wellspring, a nonprofit psychotherapeutic and educational center, honored 13 employees for reaching significant milestones in their years of service, some marking as many as 25 years of employment with the organization. Staff members gathered to celebrate the anniversaries and to recognize their years of dedication and commitment to Wellspring.
Employee loyalty is common at Wellspring as the majority of employees have been with the organization for significant milestones – many spanning decades. Since beginning in 1977 with fewer than 15 employees, Wellspring has grown to a staff of approximately 145, of which 70% have been with Wellspring for five years or more and over 30% have been on staff for 10 years or longer. Three employees have been with the organization for over 30 years and seven employees who have been at Wellspring for over 25 years.
Anniversaries celebrated for 2014 were:
Judy Bridge, Milieu Counselor I, Adolescent Program
Maureen McCurdy, Milieu Counselor Per Diem
Michele Murelli, MA, Art Therapist, Art Teacher and CT-Certified Professional Educator
Sarah Szeligowski, MSW, Milieu Counselor
Donna Beach, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse
Maureen Bianchi, Administrative Assistant – Adult Residential Program
Amy Langevin, Outpatient Services Coordinator
Dawn Madigosky, Administrative Assistant and Human Resources Generalist
Cassandra Beauvais, DVM, Animal Program Coordinator
Liz Bunovsky, LMFT, Psychotherapist – Adolescent Program
Jeff Culhane, MS, Program Director – Adolescent Program
Lori Kibbe Lindenmuth, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse
Peggy Rehkamp, CIT, Milieu Counselor II – Adolescent Program
Wellspring can earn up to $5,000 in Ion Bank Foundation’s 6th Annual Community Awards Program!
Ion Bank will donate a proportional share of $50,000 to each local non-profit that receives at least 1% of the total votes. There will also be a special award of $500 to 20 randomly selected organizations that receive less than 1% of the votes.
It’s simple – Vote online: https://ionbank.com/community-awards-program-2/
(Must be an Ion Bank Account Holder to Vote)
Voting available to Ion Bank Customers only – and will take place from January 2 through March 31, 2015. One vote per customer, however, for accounts with multiple owners, each owner may vote. Customers with multiple accounts may only vote once. Each customer can vote for only one organization. If you have any questions please call Ion Bank at 203.729.4442 or toll free 877.729.4442.